These are the chief sources from which the laity of Saint Dominic draw strength to advance in their own vocation, which is a contemplative one most closely joined to an apostolic one at the same time:
- Listening to the Word of God and reading the Sacred Scripture, especially the New Testament;
- Daily participation (to the extent possible) in the celebration of the liturgy and participation in the Eucharistic sacrifice;
- Frequent celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation;
- Celebration of the Liturgy of the Hours with the entire Dominican Family, as well as prayer in private, such as meditation and the Marian Rosary.
- Conversion of heart according to the spirit and practice of evangelical penance;
- Assiduous study of revealed truth and constant reflection on contemporary problems, under the light of faith.
- Devotion to the Virgin Mary, according to the tradition of the Order, to our father Saint Dominic and to Saint Catherine of Siena;
- Periodic spiritual retreats.
In light of the above, I ask my friends and family to gently (or harshly) remind me if I am not living up to all on this list, which I have temporarily, with the intention of one day permanently, professed to do.